I’m a mom and that equals almost no time for myself, but you knew this already. You are just like me, busy, going, going, going, but sometimes we just want to slow down and crash in front of the TV – and please I mean crash in front of the TV and watch an adult show, no cartoons allowed! And since we rarely get to watch TV, we don’t know what’s on or what’s good. Don’t worry I can help you with that here. I have discovered the five best tv shows for moms. Thanks to the research that I have done at the late hours of the night when I couldn’t sleep because I had caught my kid’s cold. Thanks to the magic of Netflix and Hulu, I came upon some five awesome shows that actually had strong, interesting female leads. Without further ado, here they are:
1. The Good Wife – This show has like 8 seasons and the lead character is a female lawyer. In each episode, the show tackles a case that the female lawyer handles and you also get to see the drama that she has in her own life. It’s really entertaining and if you like legal thrillers this show is a win.
2. Scandal – This show has about four seasons, and it’s a political drama thriller of some sort. The lead is another strong female lead. This show goes fast but it’s fun. She cries a lot but you get used to it.
3. House of Cards – This one is another political drama. There is a strong female lead and she’s not a nice person. But her character is so complex and smooth that I actually rooted for this evil ice queen.
4. Homeland – In this one, the female lead is a CIA super agent, so if you like that kind of action, you’ll be thrilled. But the show also has a great drama and storyline. And the female lead is kind of crazy and broken, so it’s cool. I kind of relate even though I’m not a bipolar super spy, but I’m a super mom, and I can relate to her struggle.
5. The Walking Dead – I know this one is kind of weird, I know. But hear me out. In this show, there are a bunch of zombies that want to kill the survivors of an apocalypse but actually the show is like a soap opera. It shows the struggles of this group of people that have to learn to survive in a world that has gone bananas. The show has strong male leads, but the females that started weak in the show have turned into bad assess. These girls kick butt, serious zombie or human butt.
Don’t take my word for it, start watching one of them and when you get hooked, then try the other four. You will be highly entertained and inspired by the smart, strong female characters and their stories.