Congratulations, you are going to be a mommy! Before you start dialling the telephone to tell everyone you know about this great news, take some time to plan how you want to tell your husband because this is going to be a once in a lifetime event and I am sure you want it to be special for the both of you. Here’s a list of 8 fun ways to tell your husband he is going to be a daddy…
– Reserve a place at your favorite restaurant and request for the manager to surprise your husband with a special announcement during your meal or ask a waiter to send him a note to let him know you are going to have a baby. If you like Chinese restaurants, tell the waiter to put a note saying “Your wife is is going to be a mom” in your husband’s fortune cookie to give him a pleasant surprise.
– Design a little scavenger hunt game at home and drop hints to your husband on where to find the next clue which finally leads to a prize. If you want to be really cheeky, write a message like “You are going to be a daddy” on your stomach and tell him in the final clue that his prize is underneath your clothes.
– Tell your husband you’re going to give him a little present about 10 months from the time you break the news to him. It should not take too long for him to figure it out.
– Purchase some baby merchandise and place them in strategic spots where he will see them. For example, get a baby seat and put it in your car to give him a big surprise. Alternatively, buy some baby clothes or diapers, wrap it up in a box and give it to him.
– This idea works if you already have a kid. Dress up your son or daughter with a custom shirt with the words “Someone is going to call me big brother/sister soon!” and ask him or her to greet your husband when he comes home.
– Scream at the top of your voice to bluff your husband into thinking you are in some sort of danger at home. When he arrives, flash him your best cheeky grin and show him your pregnancy test kit with the positive result!
– Prepare dinner for your husband with a variety of baby carrots, peas, corn and other mini vegetables and serve them on baby dinnerware.
– Call his office and ask someone to get him to call you back immediately with an excuse that you have a “family emergency”. When he calls back, tell him you have a little problem and the problem will only get bigger and it will require him to do some night duty about 10 months from now.
I hope these ideas will give you something to work on when you tell your husband about your pregnancy. I look forward to that day and wish you all the best.